Sunday 2 January 2011

Snacks & Drinks

Still very early into the New Year, in fact we're still on holiday from work, which is always good.  We were invited by David & Louise for snacks and drinks - any time after 3pm they said.  We turned up around 4pm after showering after our respective bike rides earlier today (nothing epic, just enough to burn a few calories).

So, we went over to Pollokshields and chatted to a few people we knew already - the usual (adult) house party thing.  By the time I had started my second glass of wine I was being garrulous with the GP from next door along with her husband who sold scientific things (apparently).  By the time the third glass arrived I was playing (very well as it happens) Jenga.

As always, alcohol makes me very tired so we left around 9pm and headed home after a very pleasant visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment