Wednesday 5 January 2011

1st day back at work

Clue is in the title, back to work today.  Whoopadedoodah!  Still, at least I cycled there and back, which is always good.  The weather forecast seemed to say that rain was expected but it looked clear so I put on my new boots.  They're too big for my Gore overshoes so can't wear them when it's raining, although I bought them for the cold and it can't really rain when it's very cold!

The day was slow but good from a nutrition point of view; I have resolved to eat much healthier to try and lose weight (not too much) and improve my overall health/ energy.  I had no chocolate at all today, which was a first, and my snacks were carrot, orange and porridge.  I have to say that I felt fine - no real hunger pangs, even though breakfast before leaving the house this morning was a fruit smoothie only (albeit a very large one) and no porridge.

Went to the dentist on the way home, finally given in and accepted that the broken molar will need a crown.  Apparently I can get a gold one for £95 on the NHS!  The prep work wasn't too bad, although getting a needle in the gum and having someone drill a tooth for 10 minutes is never going to be pleasant.

Cycled home and cooked fajitas; OH took down Xmas decorations and I carried the tree outside and left near the car park - it'll get disposed of soon I hope when we get a base put down for our 'garden shed'.

Tried out my new camera today.  This morning was a bit too dark, even in the lit sections of my ride, and for the cycle to the dentist I managed to have the camera upside down - idiot!

No comments:

Post a Comment